BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT ONLINE
To our much valued clients,
We are delighted to say we are open for business as usual. Our phone lines are live during opening hours or if you prefer you can book online.
We are aware of a temporary fault on our landline presently, where overflow calls are being re-directed to a message saying that we are closed. Rest assured this is not the case. Please do hang-up and redial or book online. We are working hard to rectify this fault.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back into the salon shortly and thank you for your on-going loyalty and greatly appreciated custom, as ever.
Please see below for details of our Covid-safe guidelines.
Richard, Hellen & the Richard Ward Team
We are fully operational in a Covid-secure environment and able to offer all our regular treatments and services with all your favourite team members. If you are shielding, vulnerable or wish to have applicable services undertaken in our VIP room (at no extra charge) please contact our Salon Manager [email protected] Alternatively, we run a skeleton staff on Mondays so the salon is far quieter and each client will have far more space to socially distance. Early mornings are also our off-peak times with fewer staff and clients in-salon.
When we welcome you into the salon, the experience will be a little different until restrictions are fully lifted. Where possible we are working in compliance with Personal Care sector government guidelines. We appreciate your understanding during this time and ask that you take note of the following before your visit:
- Please bring as few personal items or bags with you as possible. We are only offering strictly limited cloakroom facilities in compliance with government guidelines. All items are left entirely at the owner’s risk.
- Please do not bring children or other guests with you unless they are also having a service with a team member.
- Please do not bring any pets with you (except guide dogs, hearing dogs or assistance dogs).
- Please arrive promptly at your scheduled appointment time.
- If you require a face covering a member of our team will provide a complimentary disposable mask upon request. If you would like to use a pair of disposable gloves during your visit please advise a member of staff who will provide them. If you wish to use the PPE we have provided please make a donation to our chosen NHS charity – Cavell Nurses Trust.
- When entering the salon all clients must sanitise their hands thoroughly using the foot pedal pump located just inside the main salon door. There are hand sanitising stations throughout the salon and spa.
- Unless exempt, all clients must wear a face covering at all times once they enter the salon. A member of staff may instruct you to do so in case you forget.
- Before conducting any colour service, your Technician or Therapist will ask you to complete our Allergy Alert Questionnaire.
- Wherever possible we will be respecting social distancing rules whilst operational. Similarly, we ask you to respect the social distancing guidelines throughout your visit.
- When possible your stylist or technician will also be conducting your backwash service with the aim of limiting the number of team members you come into direct contact with.
- Unless they are exempt, all team members will be wearing a visor (and a face mask where possible) for the duration of your service and either/or if they are moving around the salon or on cleaning duties.
- Clients will not be able to blow dry their own hair after colour services under any circumstances until restrictions are fully lifted as we will need you to leave the building as quickly as possible after your booked service is completed with the aim of minimising the number of people in the salon at any one time. If you are having colour only and do not wish to leave with wet hair please book a blow dry with your service.
- Following government guidelines, we are currently unable to offer magazines.
- As we have changed to a cloud-based software system to reduce the number of customer service assistants in-salon at any one time and enable on-line bookings, our ReWard & Loyalty Points Programmes are not operational at present. Points earned will not be lost but will be able to be used on a selection of rewards in the future once we integrate our systems.
In order to protect everyone within the salon we are asking all staff and clients to please stay at home if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid 19. We would rather cancel an appointment than take the risk of infecting others. If you are symptomatic, you will need to notify us so we can reschedule your appointment. Please see details of our Covid-19 Risk Assessment. If you have previously tested positive for Covid 19, you must notify us at the time of booking, as research suggests that the virus may effect your colour, treatment or service result. We will require you to be allergy alert tested in-salon before your appointment and to bring anti-histamine with you in case of an allergic reaction, as we are unable to administer medication.
If you live within the local area you can request a home visit for manicure, pedicure, cutting, styling or technical work if the team member is happy to do so. We will expect our team and the client household to follow PPE protocols and relevant government guidelines. There should only be one client or member of the household should be in the room while the service is being provided and where possible the windows will need to be open for ventilation.
If you would prefer to pay in advance please let us know when you check-in. The salon offers cashless-tipping via the ThankU app for those team members who are signed up. Charges apply.
Food & Drink
Our fully licensed bar and independent catering services are currently operating under government guidelines for the hospitality sector.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Award-winning Royal and celebrity hairdresser Richard Ward is globally recognised as one of the industry’s leading lights and as one of the media’s most wanted hairdressers. Famous for his signature innovative yet wearable couture hair and creator of The Chelsea Blow-Dry, Richard pioneered the super salon concept in 5000sq ft of luxurious Sloane Square space; one of the largest independent salons in the UK, located in the heart of Chelsea.
Visit the Richard Ward online shop to purchase products from all your (and our) favourite brands, also available to buy in-salon (earning ReWard points!). We offer the most premium, innovative hair, skin and nail care products that our team use and love. Our product bundles have been carefully selected to offer the very best in technological advances for you to recreate your look and maintain your personally prescribed grooming regime at home.
Metrospa is our unique day spa designed for city living. A haven of relaxation and rejuvenation, our philosophy incorporates the very best in natural, holistic treatments with the most advanced developments in cosmeceutical skincare and beauty innovations – all combining to create results-driven face, skin and body care, couture grooming services, expert manicuring and pedicuring and bespoke day-spa treatments.
PACKAGES & GIFT VOUCHERS
Any time spent at the salon or Metrospa enjoying luxurious treatments and services from our talented team offers the ultimate in grooming heaven, so our packages make the ideal gift (or indulgence!) Choose from our famous, trademark makeovers, create your own bespoke voucher or select one of our tailor-made professional product bundles for some at-home pampering. Or, simply gift an amount to spend with us.
RICHARD WARD TO GO
Our expert team don’t offer hair and beauty services via any other app – we simply don’t do grooming for anyone else so if you want our experts to come to you, let us know! Now you can exclusively enjoy our personalised, professional experience in hair, nails, make-up and massage wherever you choose with selected team members. We can visit you to offer selected services at your desk, in your home or at your choice of venue from 7am to 9pm. Call us or click here to find out more.
We understand that being Vegan is a lifestyle choice, not just a dietary one. We aim to take the difficulty out of finding an expert hairdresser, colourist or therapist who can meet your needs without compromising on quality or performance. We offer a comprehensive a range of Vegan friendly in-salon services, as well Vegan friendly professional treatments and services and take home ranges that we prescribe and recommend. We also have Vegan options on our bar & food menus.
Intraceuticals unique technology delivers the highest possible concentration of oxygen, Vitamin C, salicylic and hyaluronic acid to leave skin glowing and rejuvenated. So convinced are we in this results-led facial that we will treat one half of your face before continuing for you to see the dramatic, plumping results for yourself (book a course of 5 and get one free for a limited period). Introductory offer £150 (normally £175). To find out more click here.
MEMORY FORME FRINGE
Every fringe needs Memory Forme to protect it from the elements and survive the summer humidity or the drizzly winter months and create a Keratin-infused, semi-permanent blow dry. After treatment, Memory Forme helps returns hair to its newly sleekened state. Our expert technicians will treat the frizz-prone fringe and hairline areas to ensure your hair is weather-proofed and left feeling smooth and frizz-free in the harshest of weathers. £60 with selected Technicians.
Please ask our team to help you keep your own RW Style File by taking a picture of your finished look on your personal mobile phone as an ongoing reference. Our team also carry out a Colour/Cut/Beauty MOT every 3rd visit on existing clients to help us track what you liked (or want to tweak) and ensure consistency and continuity for your next visit. Keeping your own visual record is particularly recommended for hair and make-up bridal trials or those undergoing a long term colour or style transformation!
We understand that time can be of the essence and that you aren’t always free to experience your regular, full-length services so our Quick Fixes are designed to provide a stop-gap to tide you over. From T-Section highlights (hairline and parting) to cover pesky roots to complementary fringe trims in-between your cuts, from SOS nail repairs to our Mini-Facial or Express Mani/Pedi’s, our team can create bespoke Quick Fixes to keep you looking tip-top until you can get to us for your full-monty booking. Speak to your operator to find out more.
FULLY LICENSED BAR
Not only do our Baristas serve the best coffee, but they offer a range of smoothies and fresh juices, as well as mixing a mean cocktail (Espresso Martini or Aperol Spritz anyone?). Our Head Barman Nick is a long-standing salon fixture with 25 years service and he offers a range of beers, wines, Champagne & spirits – all served up with his trademark banter, whilst you relax in our bar with the papers or watch our widescreen TV (sport/news – you choose).
BREAKFAST & LIGHT LUNCHES
Our long-standing Chef Alex offers a superb menu, much loved by our clients. Choose from Porridge, Granola, Scrambled Eggs, Bacon or Sausage sandwiches or Smashed Avocado on Sourdough Toast for breakfast. Sandwiches include our famous Tuna Pitta Pocket or his trademark RW Club. For those watching the carbs, his range of salads are legendary – from Chicken Caesar to Halloumi, Fig & Quinoa. Served all day.
For our burgeoning male clientele, we offer a wide range of hair and beauty services designed to groom you to perfection. Our expert barbers are renowned for their skill and precision and if needed our skilled colour technicians can sort out the odd grey with our new natural looking, No-Colour Colour technique. Check out our extensive Metrospa treatments and services; from facials and massage to waxing, electrolysis and Medi-Pedi’s… feel free to chill in the bar too!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Benefit from exclusive offers, discounts, rewards and previews on products, services, selected team members and guest artists – only available to our loyal existing ReWard Points database. Discover behind the scenes with Richard and the team, see our new collections and be the first to hear about new treatments and innovations across hair, beauty, colour and nails.
Need directions to the salon, view our opening hours or get in touch with one of our team? We’re located in the heart of Chelsea – Duke of York Square is just off Sloane Square on the Kings Road (nearest tube is Sloane Square). Click here for the salon’s address, contact details, location map and info on how to get in touch with the Management Team at Richard Ward. For press enquiries, please click here.
Our Menopause Clinic is designed to tackle the plethora of hair changes women face when going through this uncharted metamorphosis in life. Using her specialist knowledge, Salon Director Fiona will guide you through your hair concerns and the resulting changes to its texture, density and vitality with in-depth diagnosis, advice and an ongoing treatment plan to help you fully embrace this new stage of life looking and feeling fantastic.