Dear Valued Client,
We would like to start by thanking you for your ongoing support and loyalty during such unprecedented times. We would like to add a big thank you for all your emails and comments on our social channels that have been made in support of the salon and our team.
Moving forward it is our priority to safeguard client’s and team’s health so it is paramount for us to follow government guidelines and recommendations when and where possible and this will remain key to our re-opening. We were hoping for some clearer guidelines following the Prime Ministers Sunday evening announcement on a phased return to work policy. Our sector falls into Phase 3 at the moment, with a return to work date of 4th July 2020 at the earliest. Our salon re-set act
We will aim to allow some members of the front of house team back to work to manage all future booking requests during the latter parts of Phase 2. You will be contacted in response to your booking requests with plenty of notice about future appointments.
We do not have access to the salon booking software as the team is still currently furloughed but as an initial start back process future booking requests can only be made by email to [email protected]. A mem
Special Request – shared duty of care
• To protect everyone within the salon we are asking all staff and clients to please stay at home if you are showing any signs of being unwell. Including high temperature, everyday coughs or colds. We would rather cancel an appointment than take the risk that you may have the virus that could be passed on to others. You will not be charged for cancellations due to illness.
• Some of the team will be working longer days and Sundays during our initial opening period. We are planning to open from 8am to 8pm, seven days per week.
• Due to expected high demand for appointments, reduced staffing levels and extended booking times due to social distancing restrictions within the salon will be in operation. Therefore, we will only be accepting bookings via email when we know we are able to reopen. The front of house team will always email you a booking confirmation and schedule. Our telephone systems will be opened up at a later date for bookings.
• All bookings will be made on a first request, first come basis. Booking requests will be checked daily.
• We may be conducting some elements of your treatment consultations via Zoom prior to your appointment to limit face to face interaction on the day of your visit.
• Due to potential social distancing restrictions, shift patterns and staff rotas, it may not always be possible to see your colourist and stylist on the same day. When and where possible we will always endeavour to meet your requests, but you may have to consider seeing an alternative stylist or technician or come back in on another date.
• We will not be able to perform some services during the initial re-opening period, including fringe trims or dry haircuts.
• Standard booking appointments for colour will take priority over colour corrections that are required due to home colouring as correctional services can take considerably longer than our standard bookings.
• We are awaiting further guidelines regarding what Metrospa services we will be able to perform. Initially we will only be able to offer services of shorter duration’s and this will be dependent on us being able to facilitate proper ventilation and social distancing guidelines.
• We are lucky enough to have outside space at the front of the salon so we are also considering ideas (including creating a screened section) as to how we could best utilise this area in the returning summer months for those clients who require lengthy services to maximise ventilation.
• Once we have been given the go-ahead to return to work If you live within the local area you can request a home visit for blow drying, cutting, colour or styling, if the team member is willing, we will expect our team and the client household to follow PPE guidelines and protocols where possible.
Payment for Services
• We will not be accepting cash payments.
• All payments must be made in advance of your appointment via the telephone.
• Only contactless or Apple Pay will be available on the day of service.
• Please let us know which payment option you prefer at point of booking.
Your Salon Visit
We have thoroughly reviewed our operational systems to ensure we are as safe and hygienic as possible during the client journey. Luckily with a large salon, we are able to operate on every other chair/section to ensure we are as compliant as possible with social distancing. We have taken particular care to review our housekeeping and cleaning procedures, including sanitising all the equipment we use. Our staff have undertaken specialist training regarding sterilisation. PPE will be replaced after every client.
We are asking all clients to adhere to/note the following regarding their future visits:
• As we will be restricted on waiting space, we request that you do not bring anybody with you on the time of your visit.
• Please arrive on schedule for your appointment to minimise waiting time and unnecessary interaction.
• Please arrive with clean, freshly washed hair so that we may wet it down only for hair services and minimise time at the backwash area.
• Magazines and newspapers will not be available.
• Our cloakroom will not be operational and we ask all clients to minimise any coats or bags that they bring into the salon with them and keep them on their person.
• Our catering and refreshments will be available in take-away format and disposable cartons and cups only (no china/glass/cutlery).
• Our team will be wearing the required PPE during your visit. We will issue clients with a disposable mask and gloves upon entry. Although we will not be charging for this we will expect a small donation to NHS charity towards the cost of this. Clients are welcome to arrive in their own PPE.
I hope this will answer some of your questions as we move forward. We will obviously send you a more concise email about the shape of things to come once the government gives us a definitive return to work date and our sector is issued with more detail regarding operational guidelines.
In the meantime, keep safe and healthy and know we will be there to greet you on the other side.
Richard & Hellen
Award-winning Royal and celebrity hairdresser Richard Ward is globally recognised as one of the industry’s leading lights and as one of the media’s most wanted hairdressers. Famous for his signature innovative yet wearable couture hair and creator of The Chelsea Blow-Dry, Richard pioneered the super salon concept in 5000sq ft of luxurious Sloane Square space; one of the largest independent salons in the UK, located in the heart of Chelsea.
Visit the Richard Ward online shop to purchase products from all your (and our) favourite brands, also available to buy in-salon (earning ReWard points!). We offer the most premium, innovative hair, skin and nail care products that our team use and love. Our product bundles have been carefully selected to offer the very best in technological advances for you to recreate your look and maintain your personally prescribed grooming regime at home.
Metrospa is our unique day spa designed for city living. A haven of relaxation and rejuvenation, our philosophy incorporates the very best in natural, holistic treatments with the most advanced developments in cosmeceutical skincare and beauty innovations – all combining to create results-driven face, skin and body care, couture grooming services, expert manicuring and pedicuring and bespoke day-spa treatments.
PACKAGES & GIFT VOUCHERS
Any time spent at the salon or Metrospa enjoying luxurious treatments and services from our talented team offers the ultimate in grooming heaven, so our packages make the ideal gift (or indulgence!) Choose from our famous, trademark makeovers, create your own bespoke voucher or select one of our tailor-made professional product bundles for some at-home pampering. Or, simply gift an amount to spend with us.
Our Menopause Clinic is designed to tackle the plethora of hair changes women face when going through this uncharted metamorphosis in life. Using her specialist knowledge, Salon Director Fiona will guide you through your hair concerns and the resulting changes to its texture, density and vitality with in-depth diagnosis, advice and an ongoing treatment plan to help you fully embrace this new stage of life looking and feeling fantastic.
RICHARD WARD TO GO
Our expert team don’t offer hair and beauty services via any other app – we simply don’t do hair for anyone else! Now you can exclusively enjoy our personalised, professional experience in hair, nails, make-up and massage wherever you choose with selected team members. We can visit you at your desk, in your home or at your choice of venue from 7am to 9pm. Click here to find out more.
At Richard Ward we understand that being Vegan is a lifestyle choice, not just a dietary one. Our aim is to take the difficulty out of finding an expert hairdresser, colourist or therapist who can meet your needs without compromising on quality or performance, and as such we offer a comprehensive a range of Vegan friendly in-salon services, as well as professional and take home products. We also have Vegan options in our bar & food menus.
RICHARD WARD SIGNATURE
From Bridal Packages to Hen Dos, Couples’ Grooming to Teen Ear Piercing Parties, we can tailor-make our services to be personalised for you with either in-salon (including our extensive bar & food menus) or to-go experiences to make your special occasion memorable. Contact us to design your exclusive RW signature package of couture hair, bespoke beauty.
Please ask our team to help you keep your own RW Style File by taking a picture of your finished look on your personal mobile phone as an ongoing reference. Our team also carry out a Colour/Cut/Beauty MOT every 3rd visit on existing clients to help us track what you liked (or want to tweak) and ensure consistency and continuity for your next visit. Keeping your own visual record is particularly recommended for hair and make-up bridal trials or those undergoing a long term colour or style transformation!
We understand that time can be of the essence and that you aren’t always free to experience your regular, full-length services so our Quick Fixes are designed to provide a stop-gap to tide you over. From T-Section highlights (hairline and parting) to cover pesky roots to complementary fringe trims in-between your cuts, from SOS nail repairs to our Mini-Facial or Express Mani/Pedi’s, our team can create bespoke Quick Fixes to keep you looking tip-top until you can get to us for your full-monty booking. Speak to your operator to find out more.
FULLY LICENSED BAR
Not only do our Baristas serve the best coffee, but they offer a range of smoothies and fresh juices, as well as mixing a mean cocktail (Espresso Martini or Aperol Spritz anyone?). Our Head Barman Nick is a long-standing salon fixture (25 years service), offering a range of beers, wines, Champagne & spirits – all served with his trademark banter, while you relax with the papers or watch our widescreen TV (sport/news – you choose).
BREAKFAST & LIGHT LUNCHES
Our long-standing Chef Alex offers a superb menu, much loved by our clients. Choose from Porridge, Granola, Scrambled Eggs, Bacon or Sausage sandwiches or Smashed Avocado on Sourdough Toast for breakfast. Sandwiches include our famous Tuna Pitta Pocket or his trademark RW Club. For those watching the carbs, his range of salads are legendary – from Chicken Caesar to Halloumi, Fig & Quinoa. Served all day.
For our burgeoning male clientele, we offer a wide range of hair and beauty services designed to groom you to perfection. Our expert barbers are renowned for their skill and precision and if needed our skilled colour technicians can sort out the odd grey with our new natural looking, No-Colour Colour technique. Check out our extensive Metrospa treatments and services; from facials and massage to waxing, electrolysis and Medi-Pedi’s… feel free to chill in the bar too!
BABY’S FIRST HAIRCUT
Baby’s first haircut is a memorable occasion. Our expert team make the salon environment as comforting as possible with their experience, professionalism and gentle chair-side manner. We’ll also provide you with a lovely memento; a certificate and cute little gauze bag to contain that first precious lock of your little one’s tresses, giving you a souvenir to treasure.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Benefit from exclusive offers, discounts, rewards and previews on products, services, selected team members and guest artists – only available to our loyal existing ReWard Points database. Discover behind the scenes with Richard and the team, see our new collections and be the first to hear about new treatments and innovations across hair, beauty, colour and nails.
Need directions to the salon, view our opening hours or get in touch with one of our team? We’re located in the heart of Chelsea – Duke of York Square is just off Sloane Square on the Kings Road (nearest tube is Sloane Square). Click here for the salon’s address, contact details, location map and info on how to get in touch with the Management Team at Richard Ward. For press enquiries, please click here.