BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT ONLINE
Thank you for your patience in recent months. Our styling and technical team are back on their usual rotas and our Metrospa is open for selected services. We are currently unable to conduct any services on the face, but can offer our full range of manicures, pedicures and body treatments, including waxing. However, we are hopeful that full Metrospa services can resume from Saturday 15th August.
We have now opened up our online booking facility https://phorest.com/book/salons/richardwardhairmetrospa – simply click on the link to register. You will then be able to schedule and manage your appointments and future bookings for selected services. Please check out our instagram @richardwardhair for a step-by-step guide to booking online.
Our phone lines are now live but due to social distancing and reduced staffing levels, we will for the foreseeable future be unable to operate a fully staffed reception team to assist you with bookings. Booking online will be the quickest and easiest option for the time being. However, you can also send email requests to [email protected]
Once we welcome you into the salon, the experience will be a little different until restrictions are fully lifted.
Feeling unwell or having a raised temperature
In order to protect everyone within the salon we are asking all staff and clients to please stay at home if you are showing any signs of being unwell. We would rather cancel an appointment than take the risk that you may have the virus that could be passed on to others.
- Have you had the recent onset of a new continuous cough?
- Do you have a high temperature?
- Have you noticed a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions you will need to notify us so we can reschedule your appointment. If you are found to have a temperature upon arrival, or to have answered yes to any of the above, we will not be able to proceed with your appointment. Please see details of our Covid-19 Risk Assessment on our website – www.richardward.com. If you have previously tested positive for Covid 19, you must notify us at the time of booking, as research suggests that it may effect your colour, treatment or service result. We will require you to be allergy alert tested before your appointment and to bring anti-histamine with you in case of an allergic reaction, as we are unable to adminster medication.
What to expect on your salon visit
We are working to government guidelines issued for our sector with the aim of minimising the number of people our clients and staff come into contact with for the duration of their visit. Some of our usual facilities and services are therefore not in operation until restrictions are eased. We appreciate your understanding during this time.
- Please bring as few personal items or bags with you as possible as we are unable to operate a cloakroom whilst working to sector guidelines. Whatever you bring with you must stay with you for the duration of your visit.
- Please do not bring children or other guests with you unless they are also having a service with a team member. They will need to remain outside until their allotted appointment and leave as soon as their appointment is concluded.
- Please do not bring any pets with you.
- Please arrive promptly at your scheduled time. You will have to wait on the tables and chairs outside, respecting the social distancing guideline markings until your operator comes to collect you.
- While you are waiting to be collected, a member of our team will hand you a bag containing complimentary PPE, including a mask which we ask you to wear at all times once you enter the salon – a member of staff may instruct you to do so in case you forget. You will also find a pair of gloves to be used if you wish to use the bathroom during your visit. All clients are very welcome to use their own PPE if they prefer. If you wish to use the PPE we have provided please make a donation to our chosen NHS charity.
- If your operator is not running on time you may be asked to wait on the tables and chairs outside of the salon, but by allowing extra time per booking we strive for this to be a last resort. When entering the salon all clients must sanitise their hands thoroughly using the foot pedal pump located just inside the main salon door.
- Where possible we will be respecting social distancing rules within the salon.
- You may not have a junior to shampoo your hair – when possible your stylist or technician will also be doing your shampoo, with the aim of limiting the number of team members you come into direct contact with.
- All team members will be wearing a visor (and a face mask if they choose) for the duration of your service and just a face mask if they are moving around the salon or on cleaning duties.
- Clients will not be able to blow dry their own hair under any circumstances until restrictions are fully lifted as we will need you to leave the building as quickly as possible after your booked service is completed. If you are having colour only and do not wish to leave with wet hair please book a blow dry with your service.
- The waiting area will not be in use and we are currently unable to offer magazines.
- Following government guidelines, the salon windows need to remain open to assist ventilation.
- If you need any products on the day of your service, please ask your operator at the start of your appointment. This will allow a member of the team to collect them, sanitise, bag them and deliver them to your chair as there will be limited access to our reception area.
- To close your appointment, your operator will then escort you downstairs via the fire escape exit at the rear of the salon. Directive floor markings are in operation through the salon.
- As we have changed to a cloud-based software system to reduce the number of customer service assistants in-salon at any one time and enable some of our team to work from home, our ReWard Loyalty Points Programme is not operational at present. Points earned will not be lost but will be able to be used in the future once we integrate our systems.
- If you live within the local area you can request a home visit for manicure, pedicure, cutting, styling or technical work if the team member is happy to do so. We will expect our team and the client household to follow PPE guidelines and protocols and there should only be one client or member of the household should be in the room while the service is being provided and where possible the windows will need to be open for ventilation.
- We are currently not accepting cash payments.
- As we are operating a one-way system in-salon, all payments must be made in advance upon check-in prior to the commencement of your appointment.
Food & Drink
- Our fully licensed bar and independent catering services will be operating under government guidelines for the hospitality sector.
At the end of you visit please use the bag provided to take away any rubbish or used PPE with you.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
*URGENT – GIFT CARD INFORMATION*
If you have a valid Richard Ward gift card with credit, we urgently need to swap it over to our new admin system. Please email [email protected] with your name and gift card number so we can re-validate your card.
In the meantime keep safe and well, and we hope to welcome you back into the salon shortly.
Richard, Hellen, Julie, Gavin and the RW Team x
Award-winning Royal and celebrity hairdresser Richard Ward is globally recognised as one of the industry’s leading lights and as one of the media’s most wanted hairdressers. Famous for his signature innovative yet wearable couture hair and creator of The Chelsea Blow-Dry, Richard pioneered the super salon concept in 5000sq ft of luxurious Sloane Square space; one of the largest independent salons in the UK, located in the heart of Chelsea.
Visit the Richard Ward online shop to purchase products from all your (and our) favourite brands, also available to buy in-salon (earning ReWard points!). We offer the most premium, innovative hair, skin and nail care products that our team use and love. Our product bundles have been carefully selected to offer the very best in technological advances for you to recreate your look and maintain your personally prescribed grooming regime at home.
Metrospa is our unique day spa designed for city living. A haven of relaxation and rejuvenation, our philosophy incorporates the very best in natural, holistic treatments with the most advanced developments in cosmeceutical skincare and beauty innovations – all combining to create results-driven face, skin and body care, couture grooming services, expert manicuring and pedicuring and bespoke day-spa treatments.
PACKAGES & GIFT VOUCHERS
Any time spent at the salon or Metrospa enjoying luxurious treatments and services from our talented team offers the ultimate in grooming heaven, so our packages make the ideal gift (or indulgence!) Choose from our famous, trademark makeovers, create your own bespoke voucher or select one of our tailor-made professional product bundles for some at-home pampering. Or, simply gift an amount to spend with us.
Our Menopause Clinic is designed to tackle the plethora of hair changes women face when going through this uncharted metamorphosis in life. Using her specialist knowledge, Salon Director Fiona will guide you through your hair concerns and the resulting changes to its texture, density and vitality with in-depth diagnosis, advice and an ongoing treatment plan to help you fully embrace this new stage of life looking and feeling fantastic.
RICHARD WARD TO GO
Our expert team don’t offer hair and beauty services via any other app – we simply don’t do hair for anyone else! Now you can exclusively enjoy our personalised, professional experience in hair, nails, make-up and massage wherever you choose with selected team members. We can visit you at your desk, in your home or at your choice of venue from 7am to 9pm. Click here to find out more.
At Richard Ward we understand that being Vegan is a lifestyle choice, not just a dietary one. Our aim is to take the difficulty out of finding an expert hairdresser, colourist or therapist who can meet your needs without compromising on quality or performance, and as such we offer a comprehensive a range of Vegan friendly in-salon services, as well as professional and take home products. We also have Vegan options in our bar & food menus.
RICHARD WARD SIGNATURE
From Bridal Packages to Hen Dos, Couples’ Grooming to Teen Ear Piercing Parties, we can tailor-make our services to be personalised for you with either in-salon (including our extensive bar & food menus) or to-go experiences to make your special occasion memorable. Contact us to design your exclusive RW signature package of couture hair, bespoke beauty.
Please ask our team to help you keep your own RW Style File by taking a picture of your finished look on your personal mobile phone as an ongoing reference. Our team also carry out a Colour/Cut/Beauty MOT every 3rd visit on existing clients to help us track what you liked (or want to tweak) and ensure consistency and continuity for your next visit. Keeping your own visual record is particularly recommended for hair and make-up bridal trials or those undergoing a long term colour or style transformation!
We understand that time can be of the essence and that you aren’t always free to experience your regular, full-length services so our Quick Fixes are designed to provide a stop-gap to tide you over. From T-Section highlights (hairline and parting) to cover pesky roots to complementary fringe trims in-between your cuts, from SOS nail repairs to our Mini-Facial or Express Mani/Pedi’s, our team can create bespoke Quick Fixes to keep you looking tip-top until you can get to us for your full-monty booking. Speak to your operator to find out more.
FULLY LICENSED BAR
Not only do our Baristas serve the best coffee, but they offer a range of smoothies and fresh juices, as well as mixing a mean cocktail (Espresso Martini or Aperol Spritz anyone?). Our Head Barman Nick is a long-standing salon fixture (25 years service), offering a range of beers, wines, Champagne & spirits – all served with his trademark banter, while you relax with the papers or watch our widescreen TV (sport/news – you choose).
BREAKFAST & LIGHT LUNCHES
Our long-standing Chef Alex offers a superb menu, much loved by our clients. Choose from Porridge, Granola, Scrambled Eggs, Bacon or Sausage sandwiches or Smashed Avocado on Sourdough Toast for breakfast. Sandwiches include our famous Tuna Pitta Pocket or his trademark RW Club. For those watching the carbs, his range of salads are legendary – from Chicken Caesar to Halloumi, Fig & Quinoa. Served all day.
For our burgeoning male clientele, we offer a wide range of hair and beauty services designed to groom you to perfection. Our expert barbers are renowned for their skill and precision and if needed our skilled colour technicians can sort out the odd grey with our new natural looking, No-Colour Colour technique. Check out our extensive Metrospa treatments and services; from facials and massage to waxing, electrolysis and Medi-Pedi’s… feel free to chill in the bar too!
BABY’S FIRST HAIRCUT
Baby’s first haircut is a memorable occasion. Our expert team make the salon environment as comforting as possible with their experience, professionalism and gentle chair-side manner. We’ll also provide you with a lovely memento; a certificate and cute little gauze bag to contain that first precious lock of your little one’s tresses, giving you a souvenir to treasure.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Benefit from exclusive offers, discounts, rewards and previews on products, services, selected team members and guest artists – only available to our loyal existing ReWard Points database. Discover behind the scenes with Richard and the team, see our new collections and be the first to hear about new treatments and innovations across hair, beauty, colour and nails.
Need directions to the salon, view our opening hours or get in touch with one of our team? We’re located in the heart of Chelsea – Duke of York Square is just off Sloane Square on the Kings Road (nearest tube is Sloane Square). Click here for the salon’s address, contact details, location map and info on how to get in touch with the Management Team at Richard Ward. For press enquiries, please click here.