Length of service: 24 years
Languages spoken: English, Portuguese, Spanish
Nando arrived from Portugal in 1995 and immediately underwent Richard’s in-house apprenticeship programme, completing his training with unprecedented speed and working his way up through the tiers, ever-gaining momentum to building his now unsurpassed, extensive clientele. Born of it’s own training programme, Nando remains committed and dedicated to the company’s education ethos, and has since taken responsibility of the training of the apprentices within the Richard Ward team in his managerial role as Education Director; mentoring and nurturing our young talent and ensuring the company’s high level of expertise will continue with future generations. As such, he is the ultimate role model for the entire team, with many of the seniors crediting him for bringing their natural talents to the fore and for them becoming the shining lights at RW that they were destined to be.
Nando’s vast and loyal fan base of devotees are a testament to his eye for detail; his client’s have an edge and a look that is instantly recognisable and has become his celebrated trademark. Nando’s outstanding and natural raw talent combined with his instinctive and unrivalled cutting prowess is demonstrated in his unique understanding of what women want from a great cut. His unparalleled and hugely busy column reflects his unprecedented special talents and rare, innate skillset in and understanding of all things hair. Also a wedding hair specialist, Nando’s inimitable style is based in channelling modernity with his signature, classic twist.
Nando is heavily involved in the RW Artistic Team, often leading shows, seminars and photographic shoots and working closely with Richard on his many product and brand collaborations. Nando has also demonstrated his talents on stage at HJ Live as well as a host of other shows, seminars and exhibitions, where he is largely to be found by Richard’s side. Nando has recently expanded his education and training talents in sharing his skills through L’Oreal Education, delivering their Cut and Colour Collection course with colleague Shelley at their academies throughout the UK. Ever and increasing in demand due to his glittering celebrity clientele and his must-have looks, Nando often experiences a lengthy waiting list for appointments, but his loyal following remains dedicated to his unique standard of expertise and won’t compromise by seeing anyone else.
Every member of the Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa Team is fully qualified and extensively trained in every aspect of hair services, however Nando’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Candle Clinic – Not for the faint-hearted, this treatment originates from the salons of Brazil. Nando has developed the service to be a all-encompassing experience designed to vanish unsightly split ends and re-nourish hair from root to tip. Finishing with his cut and style, hair is left restored it to it’s lustrous glory.
- Masterclass Cuts – Without question, this man’s cutting skills are really are, in Richard’s opinion, truly exceptional and among the best the business has to offer. His relatively low price point belies his true worth and talents. In a career, you will rarely come across a hair artist who have such a natural aptitude for cutting and styling, but Nando is one such revelation. Quietly assured in his consultation and speedy in the way he delivers his cutting service, you may wonder what just happened when you leave. What you will discover is that you have been given the cut of your life; wearable, easy to manage perfection.
- Transformational Makeovers – Nando goes where many stylists fear to tread and he really works at his very best when you put yourself in his most capable hands. He will consider face shape, hair density, wearability and manageability to best suit the client home care regime in between salon visits. His unsurpassed client list is based solely on his reputation, word of mouth and recommendation; even during quiet periods there can be up to a three-week wait for an appointment, with his appointment slots literally sold out week after week.
- Signature Hair Up – When Nando creates classic or contemporary chignons they quite simply last and last. He is insightful as to what will suit the client and the occasion, and delivery a beautiful look with real durability. Nando’s creativity really blossoms when you let him take creative control; his finish and attention to detail are equally measured and he will leave you with something that transcends expectation. Much in demand for his talents if this field – a word to the wise for the up and coming bride, just book him out well in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Perfect Blow Drying – Quite simply, the best and unrivalled throughout London. From fine hair to coarse, long to short and everything in between, Nando ensures all his clients are given his trademark, exemplary finish. Our strapline of couture hair is really testament to and born of his natural styling talents.
To view Nando’s prices as Education Director, please click here.
As with all Directors, clients booking with Nando receive a complimentary L’Oreal Fusio-Dose treatment (worth £15) plus double points on their next visit, should they book an appointment prior to leaving and within an 8-week time frame.