Length of service: 18 years
Described as ‘the master of all salon managers’ by Style Icons, Gavin is responsible for not only the salon team in terms of performance and recruitment, but also ensuring our standards are met throughout and the client experience is always delivered; as such his role is multi-faceted. Working closely with Directors Richard and Hellen, Gavin’s responsibilities include ensuring our service offerings are constantly innovating and therefore include marketing and promotions.
Gavin trained as a hairdresser with Richard in the mid 1980s working his way up to Senior Stylist level. After a few years, he changed direction by heading to university to gain a 2:1 degree in Sociology with Applied Women’s Studies.
Gavin’s love of the industry led to him eventually returning to work at the salon – first as a stylist, and latterly on reception in the late 90s. His unique and unrivalled talents as a ‘people person’, coupled with his grass-roots understanding of the workings of a premium salon, led to the creation of a new role for him as Customer Service Manager and an industry first – as Maitre D’ of the RW salon.
Gavin’s key skills are now being shared both nationwide and internationally through the education and consultancy work he delivers on behalf of Richard Ward and L‘Oréal, educating on how to define and deliver the ultimate client experience to other salon owners. He was delighted to be invited to appear as a Guest Artist at L’Oreal Professionnel’s prestigious International Business Forum (LPBF) in Lisbon, delivering Masterclasses on Salon Emotion to a 2,200-strong audience.
Gavin’s crucial and diverse role as Salon Manager means he liaises with other members of the management team and makes him integral to the salon’s success and smooth running – from both the customer and team member perspective. Gavin’s wonderful social skills led to him enjoying a varied role within the salon. His uncompromising aim remains to make every client’s visit an exceptional one; his passion for constantly evaluating and redefining how to meet and exceed the customer’s expectations make him much beloved and adored in the salon.
As a founder member of the RW team, Gavin is a vital and critical part of the management structure and his leadership skills and key directives are a testament to his passion for unsurpassed excellence in service.
For speaking enquiries, please contact [email protected].
Want to find out more about Gavin’s role? Read on…
- Guest Speaker – L’oreal Business Seminar Korea 2018
- Guest Speaker – Salon Smart London 2018
- Guest Speaker – Phorest Salon Owners Summit Dublin 2018
- FAB Beauty Interview
- Guest Artist Appearance – Salon Smart Workshops 2017
- Guest Artist Appearance – L’Oreal Professionnel International Business Forum 2016
Moss Bros Guest Blogs:
Education and Guest Artist Dates 2018:
- Phorest Owners Business Summit Dublin Monday 8th January 2018
- Excellent Reception Practice L’Oreal Edinburgh Monday 12th March 2018
- Excellent Reception Practice L’Oreal Dublin Monday 9th April 2018
- Excellent Salon Practice L’Oreal London Tuesday 1st may 2018
- Excellent Reception Practice L’Oreal London Monday 1st October 2018
- Excellent Salon Practice L’Oreal Leed Wednesday 3rd October 2018
- Excellent Salon Practice L’Oreal Dublin Monday 8th October 2018
- How best to approach Smartbond with your clients by L’Oreal Professionnel
- How best to recreate specific looks for gents hair for Moss Bros
- Best product recommendations for gents styling for Moss Bros