PREMIER COLOUR TECHNICIAN
Length of service: 17 years
Available: Tuesday to Saturday 8.30am to 6pm
Ella joined the company in 2004 to commence her training and was immediately drawn to the buzz and excitement of the salon atmosphere. Ella chose to specialise in colour after completing her in-house apprenticeship in 2007, being mentored and trained in-depth by her senior colleagues in the technical department, and finally working her way up from Apprentice Colour Technician to Premier Colour Technician.
A colour natural, Ella’s raw talent has been harnessed to create a polished professional who enjoys every element of her work, evident in her growing clientele. Ella has been involved in many creative aspects of the salon’s work – from her involvement in the inception of Cento, to her personal favourite colour application of Ombré and Balayage.
She has also worked closely with Richard in creating some of the colour transformations and makeovers on social media, magazines and TV shows such as What Not to Wear and Extreme Makeover.
Ella is always furthering her technical development and completed her L’Oréal Colour Degree – the industry’s most prestigious colour qualification – in 2016. As a member of the Technical Artistic Team she also enjoys educating and sharing her passion with the next generation of Richard Ward colourists. Ella’s expertise includes her in-depth level of client consultation, taking eye colour and skin tone into account, and she offers specialist advice on which colours work best for the individual.
Every member of the Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa Team is fully qualified and extensively trained in every aspect of technical services, however Ella’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Ombre & Balayage – Ella really embraces any colour applications which maybe considered apart from your standard colour techniques, she is enthusiastic to a fault and will always work to the very best of her technical abilities to give the client an outstanding and bespoke end result, using fashion colour tones to create something totally individual.
- Classic Highlights – Positioning of foils, choice of colour and application as well as colouring the cut are essential for classic or contemporary highlight application. Ella always aims to exceed her clients expectation in how she approaches this form of colour technique (don’t let her penchant for jewel tones fool you – she’s the master of the pared down colour, too!)
- Creative Chameleon– Whether as a client you wish to whisper, shout or scream your colour end result, Ella is your go-to technician. She really shines when she is creating vibrant reds or deep spirited brunettes, and delights in creating something unique, using rainbow tones to make you into the ultimate colour chameleon. Ella’s strengths are not only her ability to tailor fashion colours to the individual, but in thinking outside the box when it comes to her creative colour technique application.
- Cento – This is a unique colour technique pioneered within the Richard Ward technical department offering a creative alternative to standard highlights, Ombre or Balayage services. The result offers the client colour within their hair which is multi-dimensional, layer upon layer of fabulous colour radiance. Ella has built up a loyal following for this technique and it’s something she has championed within the department. Ella is particularly keen to experiment with fashion led colour trends.
- Contemporary Tones – Ella really embraces client colour transformations and can always be relied upon to delight her loyal following with contemporary colour advice, product knowledge and enthusiasm. Ella is pro-active in discovering new techniques and skills to add to her already extensive skill set, and she’s perfect for the Generation X and Z clients who want someone at the forefront of fashion colouring.
To view Ella’s prices as a Premier Colour Technician, please click here.