TECHNICAL TRAINING MANAGER/PREMIER COLOUR TECHNICIAN
Length of Service: 6 years
Shelley completed her training in Cambridge in 1998, then moved on to join L’Oreal Professionel as an educator. Part of her role there was to teach the industry’s highest accolade, and the industry’s most advanced colour education offering, the Colour Specialist Degree, to students from all over the UK.
Shelley left us in 2009 to return to L’Oreal and pursue other career interests, furthering her encyclopaedic colour knowledge before her return to her true salon home in 2013, where she now undertakes the role of Technical Training Manager; assisting Education Director Nando in the delivery of all of the company’s in-house education.
Through her work at Richard Ward, Shelley has regularly been involved with photo shoots for brands such as L’Oreal and Schwarzkopf, make-over shows such Ten Years Younger & What Not To Wear, and popular TV shows such as Lorraine and Alan Titchmarsh and has helped to develop our Colour ID colour analysis workshops to discover clients true colour identities and establish a personal blueprint for colour in hair, make-up and fashion.
Shelley truly has an overwhelming passion for colour and looks at all clients as individuals. She strives to identify the ultimate bespoke colour for individuals that will uniquely enhance hair’s health and youthfulness, whilst complementing skin tone, eye colour and personal colour palette.
Shelley ethos is that your hair is your ultimate everyday accessory and it’s colour has to be perfectly tailored to suit you. Shelley also specialises in Ombre (dip-dyeing) colour services and believes it can suit and flatter all ages and skin tones.
Every member of the Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa Team is fully qualified and extensively trained in every aspect of technical services however Shelley’s particular areas of expertise include:
- In-depth Colour Analysis – This is one of Shelley’s specific areas of expertise, she will help clients identify their ideal colour tones to work with your skin; warm, cool, contrast or blend this process can prove enlightening and has bearing not only on hair colour choices but in the tones you choose to dress in every day.
- Balayage & Ombre – Shelley has always lead the field in her balayage and ombre application, whether the client is looking for something bold or more subtle she delights in working her magic towards and amazing end result.
- Cento – This technique was created and pioneered by our Technical Director Mario, Shelley has always shared his vision and passion for this unique and individualised colour service. The end result gives a multi-dimensional, layering of colour, depth and tone throughout the hair for those clients looking for alternatives to classic or traditional tint and highlight techniques.
- Specialist Colour Techniques – As a former educator for L’Oreal, Shelley really embraces all forms of specialist colour and colour application. She is forward thinking and pro-active in her consultation process and in suggesting an on-going colour treatment plan. Shelley is always happy to push the boundaries of where you think you can go with your colour but really appreciates the importance of listening to the clients, setting boundaries and managing expectations.
- Corrective Colour – No two colour corrections are ever the same and this is what really excites Shelley. With her vast, in-depth knowledge and unrivalled expertise in this unique skill set, Shelley really understands the technical process, enabling her to give a comprehensive assessment of what is achievable for the client when looking to go through a colour conversion.
To view Shelley’s prices as a Technical Training Manager/Premier Colour Technician, please click here.