Length of service: 3 years
. Having joined us three years ago, the management team recognised that there was something special in his talent for hair. As a result, Sam has been uniquely fast-tracked onto the Richard Ward salon floor, having been closely mentored throughout by Education Director Nando Lopes.
Sam joined us from a local salon but found the training he had been given was lacking in what he needed to take him to the next level of technical expertise and give him the confidence needed to become one of London’s best. Sam has an infectious personality; he is hardworking, passionate and motivated about his craft, and has made a very welcome addition to the styling team.
Every member of the Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa Team is fully qualified and extensively trained in every aspect of hair services however Sam’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Precision Cutting – Sam really enjoys his precision cutting and feels his service is all about setting boundaries with the client and managing their expectations. Central to delivering a precision cut is having a real understanding of how hair sits and falls, working with it’s natural texture and density as well as analysing what works for each individual face shape.
- Short Contemporary Cuts – As a younger member of the styling team Sam has really embraced working with shorter looks. He offers extensive advice and during his thorough consultations will really work with the client to give them fresh contemporary look that belies his Apprentice Stylist tier.
- Curly, Coiled or Northern European Textured Hair – Sam has an innate understanding of this specialised and often difficult to work with hair. Not only is it about the cutting and styling, but also offering the expert advice needed and recommending the right products needed for to best manage this hair type in-between salon visits.
- Blow Drying and Finishing – Sam believes it’s all about the finish. We pride ourselves on our blow drying skills and Sam’s finish offers the embodiment of our ethos. We can offer a haircut that is on point but not giving the end result your hair deserves is like giving a great present without it’s wrapping. All Sam’s clients leave with their hair beautifully blow dried, looking full of life, lustre and vitality.
- Treatment & Scalp Massage – Sam is the go-to man for perfect treatment advice and his trademark scalp massage techniques ensure he delivers an indulgent, relaxing experience to precede his cutting or styling services. Please request extra time with Sam when making your hair appointments for him to give you the full 360 degree customer experience.
To view Sam’s prices as a Stylist, please click here.