GRADUATE COLOUR TECHNICIAN
Length of Service: 5 years
Sai Joined the Richard Ward Apprentice team in August 2014. Born in Cambodia, he grew up in Singapore before relocating to the UK with his family for the fantastic British climate in 1999.
One of life’s natural creatives, Sai knew he wanted to pursue some form of artistry for a career. He completed an Art foundation at a local college before training in graphic design in London, finally making the switch to a more client facing creativity. This led him to join our in-house education programme where he made an early decision to hone his expertise in technical services.
Discovering a natural talent for colour, Sai flew through his training – a testament to his dedication and skill as a gifted technician, as well as to his in-house mentors, Technical Director Mario and Technical Training Manager Shelley. Having previously held the coveted role of Head Junior, Sai has assisted in both training the Richard Ward Junior Team as well as managing stock and the implementation of new services and treatments. Sai has developed into one of our young, rising stars; his wonderful chair-side manner, coupled with his outstanding colour prowess has led to him gaining a growing following of devoted fans. His attention to detail and creative eye allow him to create a truly bespoke approach for each and every client.
Every member of the Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa Team is fully qualified and extensively trained in every aspect of technical services, however Sai’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Natural Blonding – Harder than one might imagine to work these subtle natural tones, Sai has perfected his buttery blondes to give a whispering, sun-kissed finish. Working within the parameters of the season, Sai believes all his colour work is ever-evolving depending on the time of year and he works detailed analysis and consultation to diagnose the perfect blonde for you. Whether its icy cool or honey warm, he’ll get you precisely where you need to go on the blonde spectrum.
- Experimental Colour – Not one to shy away from the bold and the beautiful, Sai can be brave and his colour choices – from blistering red and copper tones to cool caramels, from ebony to rich, chocolatey brunettes. Happy to think outside the box Sai works with his client’s skin tone and eye colour to achieve the ultimate in a red hair colour statement.
- Memory Forme – for those clients wanting to take the fuss out of their at-home blow dry experience, Sai takes the sigh out of your styling to give you back some precious me-time.
- Men’s Smoothing Treatments – The guys may always be seeking sleek but the reality can be unruly, frizzy or unmanageable hair. Not so! Sai has in-depth knowledge and skills with his Extenso application and finish. This unique smoothing treatment can help you achieve results you have only though available to your female counterparts.
- Service Supreme – Sai is as popular with the young, cool set as he is with millennials, but also he has a chair-side manner and charisma that is equally beloved by the over 50’s. His diverse skill set coupled with his expertise and knowledge ensures he delivers for everyone (his burgeoning clientele is testament to that…)
To view Sai’s prices as a Graduate Colour Technician, please click here.