Length of service: 1 year
Oscar joined our team as senior apprentice having already worked at starting an apprenticeship at salon based in the West End. Growing up in East London he has always had a passion for all things fashion previously working as a menswear fashion stylist, while working on a photographic shoot one day he became captivated by what the hair stylist was doing and realised his passion for fashion was leading him in the direction of all things hair.
Having completed his NVQ qualifications with the Alan D Academy the academy principle approached Richard Ward directly and and quite uniquely recommend the salon to take on Oscar’s natural, raw talent and fast track him through the Richard Ward education programme which he has successfully completed in record time. Oscar is one of those rising stars on the team but don’t judge this book by it’s cover as under his extensive collection of tattoos there is a young man who is passionate about his craft and good tempered in his chair side manner. Oscar has already made a good impression on the Artistic team working on shows in this years London fashion week and our in-house collection shoot.
Every member of the Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa Team is fully qualified and extensively trained in every aspect of hair services, however Oscar’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Finish Finesse – Oscar will give all hair types a strong blow dry that lasts and a finish that will create real hair envy.
- Gents Cuts – Oscar enjoys his trademark gent’s cut, laid back conversation and laughter.
- Classic Bobs – This style leaves no room for error and this is what Oscar really enjoys about this look. It lets the stylist become an artist on the salon floor, as a true understanding is needed of what bob looks work on which hair types and how the hair will fall. With his precise technique and keen eye, Oscar loves ensuring his bobs are precision perfect.
- Long Hair Lush– A signature look for this gifted stylist, Oscar has a loyal following for his long hair styling, really working with his clients and utilising the right product choice for the individual he gives an unrivalled, long-lasting blow dry.
- Style Me Modern – A great cut is a prerequisite to the work but offering clients a plethora of contemporary styling techniques is what sets Oscar’s style of hairdressing apart from the rest.
To view Oscar’s prices as a graduate stylist, please click here.