PREMIER COLOUR TECHNICIAN
Length of Service: 25 years
Maria is one of London’s most distinguished colour technicians, recently celebrating her 25 year anniversary here at the salon. Having trained under Vidal Sassoon colour guru, Annie Humphries, where she worked for 10 years, her career has seen her travel worldwide, participating in shows and seminars and coordinating the salon training programme. Maria’s reputation precedes her as a sought-after figure in the industry.
Maria’s Sassoon career culminated in her managing a successful colour department within a Sassoon flagship salon, leaving to work at Neville Daniel. After a brief spell at another west end salon, she re-joined her old Neville Daniel colleagues when she returned to work with Richard in 1994. Developing ever-still, Maria completed her prestigious L’Oréal Colour Specialist Degree in 2007.
Maria’s signature style is natural, classic, easy-to wear colour. She is an expert in precision highlighting techniques, producing a seamless end result. As such it’s no surprise that she is much in demand from her dedicated and ever growing loyal clientele.
Every member of the Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa Team is fully qualified and extensively trained in every aspect of technical services however Maria’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Fade to Grey – For those clients tired of covering their grey every six weeks, instead lets embrace it and elevate it. Maria will discuss the different options and routes open to you, suggesting a clear treatment plan to begin the process of removing or growing out your existing colour while still enhancing your natural base with our unique ‘No Colour Colour’ technique. Our Greydient Colour Blending service has been created by her to give you a tangible option between letting go of the traditional global all over colour application and embracing your natural % white, giving you a colour that is easier to maintain and more suited to your changing skin tones.
- Beautiful Brunettes – Technical work is not all about the blondes and at Richard Ward we love to celebrate our brunettes with equal revere! Being a bronzed brunette herself, this is where Maria really comes into her own, utilising her wealth of experience to work with your natural tones to enhance and revitalise them, and inject the depth and vitality they deserve. After all it;s not just blondes that want to have fun!
- Men’s Colour Techniques – Not the taboo it once was, Maria has really embraced all forms of men’s hair colour and their application. For most, a really natural result is key, from comb-on colour techniques which can target specific areas of concern or a more global semi-permanent with Homme colour. Maria is our go-to premier technician for advice on the best way forward and exploring the increasing options available to keep the greys at bay for the guys.
- All Over Colour – Maria really understands the importance of careful application when applying global colour to the hair, with her trademark skill and professionalism she will always aim to ensure her careful brush strokes deliver no banding or overlap for a precise colour result.
- Perming/Memory Forme – Not as uncommon as you may think, perming and memory forme are coming back (but experts are rare, granted)! Many clients require the multi-dimensional perming techniques now available to give their hair volume, hold and structure. Maria really enjoys offering this diverse service and utilising her unique expertise as a way of volumising and creating movement to make hair more manageable in between salon visits.
To view Maria’s prices as a Premier Colour Technician, please click here.