SENIOR COLOUR TECHNICIAN
Length of Service: 25 years
Maria has enjoyed a career spanning 25 years and is one of London’s top colourists. Maria trained at Vidal Sassoon, where she worked for 10 years, travelling worldwide to participate in shows and seminars and coordinating the salon training programme.
Her Sassoon career culminated in her managing a successful colour department within a Sassoon flagship salon, leaving to work at Neville Daniel. After a brief spell at another west end salon, she re-joined her old Neville Daniel colleagues when she returned to work with Richard in 1994. Maria then qualified to NVQ Level 3 and in 2007 completed her L’Oréal Colour Specialist Degree.
Maria’s signature style is natural and classic — she adores colour changes and intricate technical work. Her particular field of expertise lies in her expert precision highlighting technique and her speciality is natural looking all over colour making her much in demand from her dedicated and ever growing loyal clientele. Maria juggles her busy family life with her busy career to ensure she delivers expert technical results with equally expert service.
Every member of the Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa Team is fully qualified and extensively trained in every aspect of technical services however Maria’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Beautiful Brunettes – Technical work is not all about the blondes and at Richard Ward we love to celebrate our brunettes with equal revere; this is when Maria really comes into her own, utilising her wealth of experience and working with your natural tones to simply enhance them, bring them to life, and give them the depth and vitality they deserve. After all, brunettes want to have fun, too!
- Men’s Colour Techniques – Not the taboo it once was, Maria has really embraced all forms of men’s hair colour and their application. For most, a really natural result is key, from comb-on colour techniques which can target specific areas of concern or a more global semi-permanent with Homme colour. Maria is our go-to premier technician for advice on the best way forward and exploring the increasing options available to keep the greys at bay.
- Classical Colour – Maria’s long career provides her with a wealth of experience and knowledge to pull from. She will always endeavour to meet her client’s expectations and enjoys delivering a well-rounded technical service, from the single colour process or her trademark combination of root tint and lights, Maria will apply her expert skills to meet the clients colour needs.
- All Over Colour – Maria really understands the importance of careful application when applying global colour to the hair, with a level of professionalism she will always aim to make careful brush strokes to ensure no overlap on existing colour occurs and avoid banding as a result.
- Perming/Forme – Not as unpopular as you may think, (but experts are rare, granted) many clients still use the multi-dimensional perming techniques now available to give their hair volume, hold and structure. Maria really enjoys offering this diverse service for clients as a way of helping them keep their hair looking great in between salon visits.
To view Maria’s prices as a Senior Colour Technician, please click here.