SENIOR COLOUR TECHNICIAN
Length of Service: 8 years
Lou joined the Richard Ward Technical Team in December 2010. Her extensive knowledge of all technical aspects undoubtedly led to her profile rising and she has worked extensively with Richard on shows for Graduate and London Fashion Weeks and on his trademark popular TV and magazine makeovers.
Having trained in all technical areas — colour, cutting and styling – Lou worked her way up to a Technical Director level at a city salon group based in the bustling Canary Wharf area of London. Lou decided her passion was for colour and therefore chose to specialise her expertise and maximise her talents by joining our team.
Lou is heavily involved with training our next generation of colour technicians and plays a leading role in the Richard Ward Artistic Team, working with L’Oreal and Richard on on-line Get The Look tutorials. She passionately believes that in-depth consultations are key to really understanding what her clients want to achieve with every technical service, and works to assess their skin tone to give the ultimate in wearable, healthy and glossy colour.
She would describe her technique and work as classically based but she is also a forward thinking colour expert with a keen eye for adapting new trends such as balayage and specialist foil techniques, pushing her technical boundaries to create a look that works exclusively for the client’s individual hair and needs. Lou’s talents for both classic and contemporary colouring are evident in her growing and increasingly devoted clientele and she offers a standard of expertise that far belies her price tier.
Every member of the Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa Team is fully qualified and extensively trained in every aspect of technical services however Lou’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Covering First Greys – Lou has an innate understanding of how to deal with greys – regardless of the % white present. Lou can hold your hand through the colour process to ensure your look is ever natural and evolves into a workable, wearable and effective colour to maintain.
- Classic Colour – This work is the mainstay of the technical department, it has to be based on sound product knowledge, having a good eye, steady hand and exact application technique, while still taking into consideration each client’s individual technical needs; all of which Lou excels at.
- Contemporary Colour – This covers a multitude of technical skills and techniques, the key is always to identify the clients expectations, set boundaries and meet their individual needs. Lou uses her knowledge and experience to ensure she tailor makes the perfect colour for each client.
- Creative Colour Techniques – Lou has always been one of the team who is happy to experiment with her own hair in varying forms of creative colour techniques and this gives her a unique insight, making her well informed and an enthusiastic choice for any client wanting something slightly more technically creative than your usual set of highlights.
- Memory Forme – This simple process adds molecules of hair’s natural protein keratin into the damaged gaps within the individual hair cuticles. Sealed into the hair with specialised, heated, smoothing irons, Memory Forme can help tame frizz and ensure hair is smooth and appears glossy. Lou has perfected this technique over the many years since we introduced the service at Richard Ward to enable her clients to achieve a superior, labour saving finish with their home styling.
To view Lou’s prices as a Senior Colour Technician, please click here.