Foster (James Foster)
Length of Service: 12 years
After a change of career direction, (James) Foster joined the Richard Ward team in 2005, completing the in-house training programme in 2008. He has regularly assisted Richard and various art team members on photographic shoots, media makeovers, TV shows and session work.
A member of the Artistic Team, Foster has nurtured a loyal male and female following, making his clientele uniquely his own as well as delivering excellent all-round cutting and finishing. His friendly and approachable manner makes is easy to discuss all hair related matters and his in-depth consultation process means he delivers excellent attention to detail coupled with a level of service, professionalism and standard of expertise that belies his price tier.
Senior Stylist Foster is also involved in mentoring and educating the apprentice team to pass on his techniques and methods and encourage the development of our trainees. His ethos is to deliver technical expertise in a relaxed format, ensuring he fully establishes an on-going programme of care in all aspects of his work.
Every member of the Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa Team is fully qualified and extensively trained in every aspect of hair services however Foster’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Classic Cutting of Curly Hair – Foster has an in-depth understanding of working with curly European type hair – he has had a lot of practice as his wife falls within this hair type! A great cut is key and having an understanding of how curly hair reacts to being cut is central to how it is approached. Foster has really led the way in the salon of pioneering great product and styling advice for the many clients who have come through the door at a loss at how to tame and embrace their natural coiled beauty.
- Classic Bobs – This style leaves no room for error and this is what Foster really enjoys about this look. It lets the stylist become an artist on the salon floor, as a true understanding is needed of what bob looks work on which hair types and how the hair will fall. With his precise technique and keen eye, Foster loves ensuring his bobs are precision perfect.
- Classic Barbering – Foster has a relaxed chair-side manner with his male clients which works as a winning combination when one of your areas of expertise is classic barbering. He has built up a loyal following for his skills and talents with gents classic cuts and styling.
- Blow Drying – The finish of your blow dry is what will set you apart from the rest; from beachy waves to smooth, voluptuous smooth elegance, make sure Foster is on your radar for an exemplary finish with your crowning glory.
- Scalp Treatment – Is you scalp giving you problems? Does it feel tight or just in need of some stimulation? Foster has just the holistic treatment package to give your scalp’s blood cells the boost they need to stimulate it back to it’s happy, healthy place once again. Seasonal change, changing temperatures, humidity,sun, wind and central heating will all have their effect on your scalp’s condition, so if you are feeling in need of help let Foster guide you.
To view Foster’s prices as a Premier Stylist, please click here.