Length of service: 26 years
Richard Ward’s undisputed Head Girl, Salon Director Fiona trained at college, completing her City & Guilds before working with cult London salon Hugh & Alan for 5 years, where she learned to specialise in chignons and bridal hair.
Fiona then moved to work with Richard and Hellen at their inaugural salon, where she has remained, along with a core band of her colleagues (including Julie, Gavin and Robert) for over 25 years. With almost microscopic accuracy, Fiona’s attention to detail and precision hair cutting and dressing is unrivalled. Fiona enjoys a reputation as the pre-eminent Bridal hair and chignon expert in not just the capital but the UK as a whole, which led her to be an integral part of the team responsible for the Bridal Party for the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Catherine, where she had the honour of creating a signature look for Maid of Honour Pippa Middleton.
An expert on fine hair, hair thinning and hair loss, Fiona’s extensive technical knowledge on this subject means her advice, guidance and recommendation is much sought after by both men and women experiencing any concerns.
Fiona also teaches her renowned bridal skills to other hairdressers on her sell-out Couture Bride course at L’Oreal Academies throughout the UK and Ireland. As a founder member of the Richard Ward team, Fiona is both a mentor of and inspiration to younger team members whom she trains in her trademark techniques to ensure her technical abilities are passed down to future generations of the RW team. Her long-standing grasp of the company’s ethos is evident in her supervisory role as one of the salon’s key managers.
With a loyal and devoted clientele, Fiona is a vital, long-standing member of the team with an unrivalled technical ability. Her detailed work and her vastly experienced eye ensures her devoted clientele keep her increasingly in demand.
Every member of the Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa Team is fully qualified and extensively trained in every aspect of hair services however Fiona’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Up-do’s, Chignons & Bridal Hair – Fiona has an unrivalled reputation for the classic chignon, using traditional techniques of setting hair as the foundation of her up-do’s to ensure they are ultra long-lasting. She is refined in her approach, a perfectionist about finish and to be totally honest (in her own words) maybe just a little OCD! However, this is a totally winning combination and really offers the client the very best that London can offer in re-creating classic halcyon looks from a bygone age.
- Hair Loss & Thinning Hair – Through her own personal experience Fiona has complete empathy for clients living with these hair-related conditions, that can be exacerbated by hormonal changes, stress or poor health and nutrition. Within the salon, she is the voice of authority on all related treatments, services, products and supplements available to clients who have any hair loss or thinning concerns.
- Classic Cutting – Like Robert, Fiona is one of the few all-round stylists who was traditionally trained in all aspects of cutting, setting and styling hair. She has a fastidious approach to her work and is always the ultimate professional. For Fiona, consultations are key and she gives a full service to all those clients who pass through her chair, advising not only on cut and style but also on in-depth product and styling advice,as well as home care and maintenance regimes, to really work with her clients in creating consistent, exemplary cut and blow dry results.
- Precision Cutting – As with Fiona’s whole approach to life, she is thoughtful and conscientious in her meticulous cutting techniques. With each section visually measured to perfection, she will give the client exactly what has been discussed during consultation in a systematic, unhurried service which will leave them in doubt that this lady truly lives up to expectations in the hair results she delivers.
- Blow Drying – The finish is everything for Fiona and she will approach a blow dry with the same level of precision that she does all aspects of her work. She uses he knowledge and experience to really get the best out of your hair and will leave you with a finished result that is structured and long-lasting but bursting with vitality. Her blow dries have been known to last for days or until the proverbial cows come home. Classic Fi at her best!
To view Fiona’s prices as a Salon Director, please click here.
As with all Directors, clients booking with Fiona receive a complimentary L’Oreal Fusio-Dose treatment (worth £15) plus double points on their next visit, should they book an appointment prior to leaving and within an 8-week time frame.