SENIOR STYLIST & L’OREAL ID ARTIST
Length of Service: 8 years
Languages spoken: English, Italian
Elettra joined the Richard Ward Apprenticeship programme in 2011, having left university in her native Sardinia to follow her dream of becoming a hairdresser. She comes from a long line of creatives including painters, writers and musicians and often says creativity was in the very air she grew up in.
This young lady’s natural talent and flair became evident to the senior team very early on, when during her first Junior of the Year competition and after only four months with us, she was awarded runner-up for Technical Achievement. In the following three years she went on to be runner-up a further 2 times and took the winning position on three successive occasions. Most recently, Elettra was chosen from hundreds of candidates nationwide to be part of the two-year L’Oreal ID Artist Collective – a major achievement in any young stylist’s career, which sees her involved in educating other hairdressers as well as taking part in international projects and shows such as the L’Oreal Colour Trophy.
With her own unique sense of style, Elettra has always demonstrated an edgier side to her work and has a passion for geometric shapes, asymmetry and the avant-garde. This emerging talent should not, however, be pigeon-holed as she excels in delivering both seamless, natural, editorial styles as well as contemporary, dishevelled and on-trend looks.
Elettra finds influence and inspiration in everyday media and street styles that surround her and in 2014 became part of the Artistic Team at Richard Ward. You can see much of her work on our Facebook and Instagram pages.
A very active member of this powerful creative team, she is now a regular backstage at high profile London Fashion Week shows such as Erdem, Topshop Unique, J.W. Anderson and Jenny Packham. No stranger to live TV segments, Elettra has also worked with Richard on QVC, live demonstrations on stage at Salon International for Hairdressers Journal and Cosmoprof in Italy. In a testament to her rising star power, Elettra was recently hand-picked to lead her own session team backstage for the prestigious Central Saint Martins Graduate Fashion Shows in collaboration with L’Oréal Professionnel.
Every member of the Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa Team is fully qualified and extensively trained in every aspect of hair services, however Elettra’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Geometric & Precision Fusion – Asymmetric cutting takes an acute eye and precision cutting real expertise. Elettra loves creating these lines and looks with varying lengths and hair densities. Her finish is always unique to the individual client and works well with the addition of colour placement, creating a dramatic look for those clients wanting a look with a bespoke feel of modernity.
- Gentrification – Elettra says it’s the variety and merging the classic with the contemporary with a twist that inspires her with men’s hair. Increasingly there are less boundaries for her creativity; she enjoys working on androgynous looks, too.
- Editorial Styling – Based within her own sense of style, Elettra has a real passion for all things retro, fusing modern and classic techniques she really comes alive when re-creating her take on retro styling looks.
- Contemporary Long Hair – A signature look for this gifted stylist, Elettra has built up a large and loyal following for her long hair styling, really working with her clients and utilising the right product choice for the individual she gives an unrivalled, long-lasting blow dry.
- Clippering & Short Cuts – Elettra’s love of short hair styling and men’s grooming is evident in her natural talent and eye for shorter looks. From a perfect precision bob to a perfectly executed fade, Elettra excels in creating bespoke, sharp, clean looks for her increasingly vast clientele.
To view Elettra’s prices as a Senior Stylist, please click here.