SENIOR STYLIST & L’OREAL ID ARTIST
Length of Service: 6 years
Languages spoken: English, Italian
Elettra joined the Richard Ward Apprenticeship programme in 2011 having left university in her native Sardinia to follow her dream of becoming a hairdresser, aged 26. She comes from a long line of creatives including painters, writers and musicians and often says creativity was in the very air that she grew up on.
This young lady’s natural talent and flair became evident to the senior team very early on, when during her first Junior of the Year competition and after only four months spent with us, she was awarded runner-up for technical achievement. In the following three years she went on to be runner-up a further 2 times and to take the winning position on three successive occasions. Most recently, Elettra has been chosen out of hundreds of candidates nationwide to be part of the two year L’Oreal ID artist team which is a major achievement in any young stylists career.
With her own unique sense of style, Elettra has always demonstrated an edgier side to her work and has a passion for geometric shapes, asymmetry and the avant-garde. This emerging talent should not, however, be pigeon-holed as she is just as comfortable delivering contemporary, vintage or retro looks.
Elettra finds influence and inspiration in the everyday media and street styles that surround her and in 2014 became part of the Young Artistic team at Richard Ward. You can see much of her work on our Facebook and Instagram pages.
She has always been a very active member of this powerful, creative team and has assisted on hair for the L’Oreal Colour Trophy, Jenny Packham catwalk shows at London Fashion Week, QVC and has worked on stage at Salon International and Cosmoprof in Italy. Recently, Elettra was hand-picked to lead her own session team backstage for the prestigious Central Saint Martins’ Graduate Fashion Shows, in collaboration with L’Oréal Professionnel.
Every member of the Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa Team is fully qualified and extensively trained in every aspect of hair services however Elettra’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Asymmetric & Precision Cutting – Asymmetric cutting takes an acute eye and precision cutting real expertise. Elettra loves creating these lines and looks with varying lengths and hair densities. Her finish is always unique to the individual client and works well with the addition of colour placement, creating a dramatic look for those clients wanting a look with a bespoke feel of modernity.
- Gents’ Cutting – Elettra says it’s the variety and merging the classic with the contemporary with a twist that inspires her with mens hair. Increasingly there are less boundaries for her creativity; she enjoys working on androgynous looks, too.
- Retro Styling – Based within her own sense of style, Elettra has a real passion for all things retro, fusing modern and classic techniques she really comes alive when re-creating her take on retro styling looks.
- Long Hair Styling – A signature look for this gifted stylist, Elettra has built up a large and loyal following for her long hair styling, really working with her clients and utilising the right product choice for the individual she gives an unrivalled, long-lasting blow dry.
- Braiding – Part of the Richard Ward Braid Bar team, Elettra loves working within this form of styling – from simple plaits to the more intricate, complex fishtails or simply something more organic let her weave her unique magic with your hair.
To view Elettra’s prices as a Senior Stylist, please click here.