CREATIVE DIRECTOR & ARTISTIC TEAM MANAGER
Length of service: 17 years
Languages spoken: English, Portuguese
Edna originates from Portugal and joined the RW team upon moving to London in 2000. Upon interview, her talents were spotted and she was encouraged to undertake the company’s training programme and develop her long-standing passion to be a hairdresser. Edna assists Richard and Artistic Director Cristiano on various shoots, shows, seminars and education sessions and now enjoys her role as Artistic Team Manager.
Edna has been part of numerous sessions, shoots and shows and is also involved in teaching and education of the company’s apprentices. Now a mother, Edna juggles her two roles and continues to combine her love of hair with a strong and instinctive creative urge.
Her trademark dressing of long hair has won her a loyal and devoted clientele, as has her unique interpretation of runway and catwalk looks, ensuring she is bang on-trend and always much in demand with both men and women alike.
Every member of the Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa Team is fully qualified and extensively trained in every aspect of hair services however Edna’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Blow Drying – It’s all about the finish with Edna. Whether you’re are looking to go from curly to smooth, volume or that elusive bounce, this gifted dresser of hair should be on every clients speed dial. You can spot one of her trademark finishes and it is evident that she pours her innate love of hair into her work.
- Coarse or Curly Hair – Edna has long established herself with a diverse demographic of clients for her in-depth understanding of hair that falls within this specific area of expertise. From coarse to curly, Edna is a wealth of knowledge from recommending products and services to cutting, styling and home care.
- Long Hair – Edna loves long hair and specialises in it’s styling. She is respectful in her approach to maintaining length and will arrest any fears client’s might traditionally have about ensuring their hairdressing understands their cutting boundaries.
- Chignons & Up-do’s – A central player in the Artistic Team with a passion for the classic and the contemporary chignon or up-do, Edna really shines in this field of styling. From subtle, low-slung hair knots to the classic french pleat, she will give you a look to suit your face shape, outfit and occasion.
- Plaiting & Braiding – This styling work is as diverse as it is imaginative. It takes creativity and practice to really master as a skill set and Edna has been fundamental in promoting the Chelsea Braid Bar service within the salon, as well as acting as and educator and mentor to the junior team in this unique styling technique.
To view Edna’s prices as a Creative Director, please click here.