CREATIVE DIRECTOR/COLOUR TECHNICIAN
Length of Service: 5 years
Denise joined the Richard Ward salon in 2014 along with the rest of the Smile Hairdressing team, bringing with her a fresh approach and exuberance to all things hair. Denise has quickly embraced her place in the salon team, relishing this new opportunity to become part of the integral Richard Ward team.
She works part time, combining being a mum of two and working in the salon with her love of yoga. Denise has a career spanning more than 30 years within the industry to include working on numerous music videos, editorials and TV dramas which have her seen her tending the hair of many iconic figures such as Joanna Lumley, Brian Ferry, Peter Gabriel, Kylie Minogue and Zoe Wannamaker. Denise has become a key part of our exclusive Richard Ward team of experts featuring in the VIP arena at the National Wedding Show, offering consultations, makeovers and practical advice for hair on a bride’s big day.
Denise has a very distinct approach to her cutting and styling work styling and believes great hair not only comes form studying the shape of someone’s features but just as importantly getting the right cut by working with the client’s natural texture and density. She believes in creating a style that will suit a clients’ individual lifestyle and home care regime, making her work easy to wear and maintain.
Denise’s wealth of experience coupled with her unsurpassed expertise ensures she knows exactly what to deliver when a client needs a full and detailed consultation to revitalise, change or simply maintain their signature look.
Every member of the Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa Team is fully qualified and extensively trained in every aspect of hair services however Denise’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Wearable Hair – Easy to wear, soft, textured and voluminous hair is Denise’s signature look. Working with the hairs natural movement and density, her cutting skills are on-point, knowing when and where to remove weight and add texture is central but always with a nod to a style that is wearable and easy to maintain.
- Textures & Densities – Fine, straight, frizzy, curly or coarse hair? Sparse, normal or abundant? Nothing fazes Denise and coupled with her extensive technical knowledge she will rise to your hair challenges. Precise in her cutting technique, she really believes she can bring out the best in all hair types; with the right approach, cutting skills and in-depth product knowledge to meet your needs.
- Long & Lovely – Having always had long, lustrous locks Denise can really appreciate that term; a clients’ crowning glory, she wants to celebrate this and really bring hair long to life. Listening to her client’s individual concerns and issues is the secret to a workable, lasting relationship between client and stylist. Denise’s request rate is testament to her total understanding of this holistic approach.
- Modern Classics – Although trained in classic cutting techniques, Denise can show constraint. Instinctively knowing when to hold back or push hair boundaries forward, she will strive to give her styling a modern twist and a unique edge so hair does not fall into the mundane and is always bespoke to the individual client.
- Red carpet/Wedding/Occasion hair – Denise has a true passion for this side of her creativity. Having worked on photo shoots, catwalk shows and represented the very best in wedding hair styling at the National Wedding show there really is not much this lady can’t do; you need only to ask her expert advice.
To view Denise’s prices as a Creative Director/ColourTechnician, please click here.