Length of Service: 21 years
Languages spoken: English, Italian
Cristiano arrived in London from his native Sardinia in 1997, where he became an apprentice and underwent both his college training and the Richard Ward in-salon training programme. He quickly developed a busy and loyal clientele which has continued to grow and now includes a host of high profile celebrities and European royalty. His versatility and creativity in dressing hair, from glamorous red carpet looks to bridal hair, together with his cutting-edge ability to develop signature classic cuts have hastened his industry reputation as not only an integral part of the RW team, but a mover and shaker industry-wide when it comes to all things fashion and hair.
Cristiano’s natural skills and talent as a fashionista have led him to take up the role of Artistic Director within the company, and build an excellent reputation as one of the leading lights in catwalk styling. Working with prestigious national and international magazines such as Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Harper’s Bazaar, Tatler, prime time television and a host of fashion houses such as Valentino, Jenny Packham, Issa London, Maria Grachvogel and up-and-coming talents such as Jessie Western, he’s vastly experienced at compiling signature looks for catwalk shows and sessions. In his role as Artistic Director, Cristiano leads the RW Artistic Team in their work for designers such as Ong-Oaj Pairam at London Fashion Week and John Smedley for Men’s Fashion Week. His inimitable stage presence has seen him play lead stylist on the Hairdressers Journal and the Fellowship for British Hairdressing stages at HJ Live amongst other industry shows and exhibitions. Cristiano’s reputation precedes him and he is an acknowledged by the Fellowship as a Master in their Masterclasses. You can also catch him working internationally on behalf of L’Oreal, conducting live seminars in Paris and Switzerland as well as other European venues. Working closely with L’Oreal’s Portfolio of Artistic Hairdressers, 2016 saw Cristiano taking on the prestigious role of Lead Stylist for Christopher Raeburn: Fashion in Motion at the V&A, and also saw him lead his team as a Guest Artist at the Grand Final of the L’Oreal Colour Trophy. 2017 shows no signs of slowing down; among shows, presentations and clients, Cristiano recently shot 14 international covers for Cosmopolitan with model-of-the-moment, Victoria’s Secret Angel Taylor Hill.
His vision for trends in all things hair means he now enjoys compiling and coordinating the company’s photographic shoots, shows and media work, both in TV and magazines as well as online. He works extensively with Richard helping him create interpretation and commercialisation of seasonal trends for the media on behalf of the company.
Cristiano’s diverse clientele not only sees A-listers, but real women visiting him for his special and unique brand of hair magic, devoted to his talents and all delivered with his trademark personality, zest and lust for life.
Every member of the Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa Team is fully qualified and extensively trained in every aspect of hair services however Cristiano’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Classic Cutting – Working exclusively with the top fashion houses in the UK and Internationally in his role as Artistic Director has made Cristiano the go-to stylist for those in need of a total transformation. His cutting skills precede his unrivalled reputation in the field but good luck if you want to follow the motion of his hands while he’s at work! His cutting style is as flamboyant as the man himself. Opinionated (but usually right) in all things hair and style he will guide and work with you to develop an on-going treatment plan to best suit your needs.
- Chignons/Up-dos/Bridal Hair – Cristiano is as speedy as he is skillful in his approach to this form of his creativity. His ascendance into this master role is based on his ability to interpret current trends from the catwalk and turn them into something bespoke and wearable. Always confident in his styling but happy to re-assess if something is not working, he is as equally at home with classic chignons, low-slung buns or bountiful braid work.
- Classic Blow Drying – Cristiano really comes into his own with his blow drying speed and style of working. He adores the process of this instant transformation and simply making his clients feel great about themselves after he’s worked his dazzling and inimitable brand of hair magic.
- Classic Gents Cutting – Cristiano loves classic gents cutting. He offers lively chat during his speedy service and his clientele is extensive from every walk of life. Whether you’re a pop star or a prince, he will treat you the with the same Mediterranean rush of energy and gusto; one thing’s for sure – he will leave you wanting to come back for more.
- Total Styling – Given the chance, Cristiano would march you down to the designer boutiques of Sloane Street and re-vamp your wardrobe, as well as your hair! His holistic approach to tailoring a hair look to uniquely work for each and every client is born from his extensive catwalk experience. His resulting ability to assess something that will really, really turn heads as a re-style remains unparalleled, and makes him the ultimate choice for those wanting to experiment with a new look.
See Cristiano in action at London Fashion Week here.
To view Cristiano’s prices as Artistic Director, please click here.
As with all Directors, clients booking with Cristiano receive a complimentary L’Oreal Fusio-Dose treatment (worth £15) plus double points on their next visit, should they book an appointment prior to leaving and within an 8-week time frame.