Length of service: 26 years
Available: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9am to 6pm – occasional Saturdays
Languages spoken: English, Greek
Mario completed his training before moving on to join the team at Harrods Hair & Beauty Salon in 1989 as their youngest recruited stylist. Here, he met and worked with the future Mrs Ward, Hellen.
After a working sabbatical in Australia, Mario transferred to the Elizabeth Arden salon in Piccadilly before returning to work with Hellen at her and Richard’s inaugural salon in 1994, being promoted to Technical Director in 2001. Passionate about his department, Mario is both forward thinking and motivated to lead the way in colour and technical innovations within the salon, introducing new and revolutionary services like organic colour, keratin infusion therapies and his own technique, Cento.
His near encyclopaedic technical knowledge was evident when he received one of the highest pass marks in his L’Oréal Colour Degree and as his reputation suggests, he regularly works with L’Oréal on NPD for their brands (New Product Development) and is part of their prestigious 20:20 Colour Collective.
A vital and integral part of the salon’s success, Mario trains, educates, mentors and manages his technical team as well as offering a rounded list of services to his huge and loyal clientele. A well-respected industry specialist Mario now educates and shares his knowledge through the courses he teaches at the L’Oréal Academies nationwide and judges major technical competitions such as the L’Oréal UK and Irish Colour Trophy.
With his unsurpassed knowledge and vast experience, Mario has been at the forefront of technical development for the company’s product portfolio and regularly works with Richard to present RW products to the consumer. Renowned in the trade as one of the most respected colour technicians within the UK and internationally. Mario’s unsurpassed expertise ensures the RW technical team remain at the forefront of their craft.
Every member of the Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa Team is fully qualified and extensively trained in every aspect of hair & technical services however Mario’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Speedy Precision – Mario excels at precise but speedy highlight application, if your wish is for minimum time spent in the technicians chair but still fabulous results on your crowing glory then Mario is your man.
- Cento – This original and unique colour technique was masterminded and developed by Mario himself and it is now something that he shares and educates on throughout the L’Oreal training academies. This is a bespoke and individualised colour service which in it’s simplest form is multi-dimensional, layer upon layer of colour radiance. This offers client’s a creative alternative to standard highlights, Ombre or Balayage services.
- Balayage & Ombre – Mario enjoys and excels in this creative form of technical application, working with each client to achieve their ultimate bespoke colour result from a subtle sun-kissed effect to something more bold, he can really let his colour imagination run free.
- Corrective Colour – With Mario’s unrivalled, encyclopedic (verging on nerdy!) bank of knowledge of all things colour/technical he is the obvious choice for anyone in need of a colour correction or conversion. With a forthright approach, he will clearly manage expectations of what is achievable without ever compromising the condition of the client’s hair, rectifying even the most serious of hair disasters.
- Perming, Forme & Body Waves – Mario really enjoys this (increasingly rarely practised) form of technical work and has had outstanding results on all different hair lengths and finishes. Whether you are looking for something to give volume and structure or to simply add the most natural of beach waves, Mario is our most senior and experienced go to technician to get the right advice.
To view Mario’s prices as a Technical Director, please click here.
See Mario in action on The Trinny Takeover Show here.
As with all Directors, clients booking with Mario receive a complimentary L’Oreal Fusio-Dose treatment (worth £15) plus double points on their next visit, should they book an appointment prior to leaving and within an 8-week time frame.