SENIOR COLOUR TECHNICIAN
Length of service: 27 years
Available: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday 9am to 6pm
Kathy joined Richard Ward in 1995, completing her in-house training to NVQ Level 2 standard, competing in many competitions and attending a host of courses and seminars with L’Oréal. Qualified at age 19, and serving a busy clientele, Kathy was promoted to Senior Colour Technician just 3 years later.
Talented and creative, Kathy loves experimenting with new ideas and techniques to create and develop a bespoke and individual look for each client. Kathy isn’t afraid to go for a bold, adventurous new look and encourages each client to embrace the beauty of couture colour under her expert guidance.
She loves the challenges of colour change and mixing contemporary colour techniques with the classics to develop a modern take for clients less willing to experiment. Her devoted clientele make her much in demand and ensure her technical expertise and total service experience remain as popular as ever.
Kathy’s multi-faceted approach to colour ensures she is forever fully booked with a devoted and loyal clientele.
Every member of the Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa Team is fully qualified and extensively trained in every aspect of technical services however Kathy’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Contemporary Colouring – Kathy specialises in working closely with our styling team to deliver technical work which really can enhance certain haircuts. She believes it does not always have to be about standard highlights or the single colour application. Kathy’s colour techniques are created to work with the style and cut to give your hair added depth and an individual edge when finished; the result is cut and colour really working in tandem for a total overall look.
- Colour Conversion – Always exciting for our technicians but often a step into the unknown, it really challenges their skills set and level of knowledge. Kathy is direct in her approach on how to move forward with a colour change, whether this be for the client who wishes to go from light to dark or the reverse. The process of colour change varies with every individual and previous colour history, but as a skilled technician with a vast technical knowledge and a wealth of experience, Kathy manages expectations of what is an achievable end result, whilst always bearing in mind the condition and well-being of a client’s hair.
- Creative Colour Techniques – Kathy really enjoys colour applications on shorter or more contemporary hair cuts. She excels in giving fine hair depth and the illusion of volume and making thicker hair feel more multi-dimensional in her creative colour technique applications.
- Classic & Contemporary Highlights – A prerequisite for our colour team to deliver; however, listening to the clients needs and adjusting the technique accordingly for the desired end result can never be underestimated and Kathy has an innate understanding of how best to meet her client’s needs.
- Colour Journey – Need a complete colour reinvention? Want to experiment with your colour journey? Kathy’s your girl. From creating a new cascade of colours, to finding new techniques to get you closer to your dream colour, Kathy is a dab hand at discovering your colour blueprint; exploring the technical options to come up with a custom-made colour for you.
To view Kathy’s prices as a Senior Colour Technician, please click here.