Length of service: 23 years
Available: Thursday to Saturday 10am to 5pm
Karen completed her NVQ in Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy before joining Richard Ward in 1997 to up-skill and commence her apprenticeship under our in-salon training programme. A Kerastase Specialist, Karen also now teaches our trainees in conjunction with Nando, Education Director. During her time at the salon, Karen has been involved in a host of media, TV and session work including catwalk shows and photographic work.
Style Director Karen’s unique talents in complete and thorough hair and scalp diagnosis have led to her trademark consultation skills and her expertise in the theory of hair and scalp and nutrition. In her Style School session she teaches clients to re-create their look at home, enabling them to get a professional finish out of the salon chair.
Karen’s expertise includes dietary advice and in-depth assessment of hair type, texture, density and condition. Karen’s expert knowledge also make her equipped to advise on all aspects of temporary hair loss.
Now a busy mother of 2, Karen still passionately believes in delivering an unsurpassed service and as such she has a burgeoning clientele who are loyal to her unique, all-encompassing talents.
Every member of the Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa Team is fully qualified and extensively trained in every aspect of hair services however Karen’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Expert Prescription – This talented lady is the font of all knowledge for product advice within the salon; offering in-depth advice on products that will help with your cleansing, conditioning, styling and finishing regimes. Whether your concern is hair or scalp health, thinning hair or just understanding which styling tools to use, Karen is our go-to product guru.
- Style School Skill – Karen simply cannot understand why a hairstylist will let you leave the salon looking and feeling fantastic but without an education to maintain your look in-between visits. This is where the Style School comes in; during this service she will show you techniques and products to best re-create a salon finish within the comfort of your own home.
- Hair Loss or Thinning Hair – Often a very sensitive issue for clients, Karen’s gentle chair-side manner makes her the ideal first stop for an in-salon consultation within our private consultation room. If she feels an issue is beyond her care she can make a follow-up appointment with our in-house Trichologist. (see Guest Artists)
- Classic Cutting & Styling – Karen loves working with all hair types and with her strong foundation in classic cutting and styling techniques, she thrives on offering her client a full, unhurried and holistic service, all delivered with her trademark, detailed consultation skills.
- Memory Forme – This transformational, semi-permanent smoothing treatment is designed to make the styling of coarse or unruly hair more manageable for our clients. Karen loves to see how the process can make a client’s life easier. Great throughout the year but in particular as a summer service addition when you are dipping in the pool and after a day at the beach, Memory Forme can give you a good hair day, every day.
To view Karen’s prices as a Style Director, please click here.