Length of service: 19 years
Described as ‘the master of all salon managers’ by Style Icons, Gavin is responsible for not only the salon team in terms of performance and recruitment, but also ensuring our standards are met throughout and the client experience is always delivered; as such his role is multi-faceted. Working closely with Directors Richard and Hellen, Gavin’s responsibilities include ensuring our service offerings are constantly innovating and therefore include marketing and promotions.
Gavin trained as a hairdresser with Richard in the mid 1980s working his way up to Senior Stylist level. After a few years, he changed direction by heading to university to gain a 2:1 degree in Sociology with Applied Women’s Studies.
Gavin’s love of the industry led to him eventually returning to work at the salon – first as a stylist, and latterly on reception in the late 90s. His unique and unrivalled talents as a ‘people person’, coupled with his grass-roots understanding of the workings of a premium salon, led to the creation of a new role for him as Customer Service Manager and an industry first – as Maitre D’ of the RW salon.
Gavin’s key skills are now being shared both nationwide and internationally through the education, motivational speaking and consultancy work he delivers on behalf of Richard Ward, educating on how to define and deliver the ultimate client experience to other business owners. He was delighted to be invited to appear as a Guest Artist at L’Oreal Professionnel’s prestigious International Business Forum (LPBF) in Lisbon, delivering Masterclasses on Salon Emotion to a 2,200-strong audience.
Gavin’s crucial and diverse role as Salon Manager means he liaises with other members of the management team and makes him integral to the salon’s success and smooth running – from both the customer and team member perspective. Gavin’s wonderful social skills led to him enjoying a varied role within the salon. His uncompromising aim remains to make every client’s visit an exceptional one; his passion for constantly evaluating and redefining how to meet and exceed the customer’s expectations make him much beloved and adored in the salon.
As a founder member of the RW team, Gavin is a vital and critical part of the management structure and his leadership skills and key directives are a testament to his passion for unsurpassed excellence in service.
For speaking enquiries, please contact [email protected].
International Education/Motivational speaking Dates throughout 2017, 2018, 2019
- Guest Business Speaker Phorest Software Summit, Helsinki 2019
- Guest Artist, Stockholm 2019
- Guest Business Speaker L’Oreal Owners Summit, Japan 2019
- Guest Business Speaker L’Oreal Professional’s 110 year Celebrations, Paris 2019
- Guest Business Speaker and Judge for L’Oreal Indian Hair Awards, Dubai 2019
- Guest Business Speaker L’Oreal Professional’s Hair fashion Tour, Korea 2018
- Guest Business Speaker Phorest Software Summit, Dublin 2018
- Guest Business Speaker Salon Smart, London 2017
- Guest Artist at L’Oreal Professional’s International Business Forum, Lisbon 2016
Gavin on customer experience and acting like the expert you are.
Moss Bros Guest Blogs:
- How best to recreate specific looks for gents hair for Moss Bros
- Best product recommendations for gents styling for Moss Bros