Length of service: 28 years
Available: Tuesday to Saturday 10am to 6pm
Specialist Expertise: Menopause Clinic
Richard Ward’s undisputed Head Girl, Salon Director Fiona trained at college, completing her City & Guilds before working with cult London salon Hugh & Alan for 5 years, where she learned to specialise in chignons and bridal hair.
Fiona then moved to work with Richard and Hellen at their inaugural salon, where she has remained, along with a core band of her colleagues (including Julie, Gavin and Robert) for over 25 years. With almost microscopic accuracy, Fiona’s attention to detail and precision hair cutting and dressing is unrivalled. Fiona enjoys a reputation as the pre-eminent Bridal hair and chignon expert in not just the capital but the UK as a whole, which led her to be an integral part of the team responsible for the Bridal Party for the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Catherine, where she had the honour of creating a signature look for Maid of Honour Pippa Middleton.
An expert on fine hair, hair thinning and hair loss, Fiona’s extensive technical knowledge on this subject mean her advice, guidance and recommendation is much sought after by both men and women experiencing any concerns.
Fiona is both a mentor and inspiration to younger team members whom she trains in her trademark techniques to ensure her technical abilities are passed down to future generations of the RW team. Her long-standing grasp of the company’s ethos is evident in her supervisory role as one of the salon’s key managers.
With a loyal and devoted clientele, Fiona is a vital, long-standing member of the team with an unrivalled technical ability. Her detailed work and her vastly experienced eye ensure her devoted clientele keep her increasingly in demand.
Every member of the Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa Team is fully qualified and extensively trained in every aspect of hair services however Fiona’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Menopause Clinic – Being post-menopause herself, Fiona can fully appreciate the plethora of changes women face when going through this uncharted metamorphosis in life. Using her specialist knowledge, she can guide you through your hair concerns and the resulting changes to its texture, density and vitality with in-depth diagnosis, advice and an ongoing treatment plan to help you fully embrace this new stage of life looking and feeling fantastic.
- Hair Loss & Thinning Hair – Through her own personal experience Fiona has complete empathy for clients living with these hair-related conditions, that can be exacerbated by hormonal changes, stress or poor health and nutrition. Within the salon, she is the voice of authority on all related treatments, services, products and supplements available to clients who have any hair loss or thinning concerns.
- Precision Cutting – As with Fiona’s whole approach to life, she is thoughtful and conscientious in her meticulous cutting techniques. With each section visually measured to perfection, she will give the client exactly what has been discussed during a consultation in a systematic, unhurried service which will leave them in doubt that this lady truly lives up to expectations in the hair results she delivers.
- Up-do’s & Bridal Hair Par Excellence – Fiona has an unrivalled reputation for the classic chignon, using traditional techniques of setting hair as the foundation of her up-do’s to ensure they are ultra long-lasting. She is refined in her approach, a perfectionist about finish and to be totally honest (in her own words) maybe just a little OCD! However, this is a totally winning combination and really offers the client the very best that London can offer in re-creating classic halcyon looks from a bygone age.
- Signature 3 Day Blow-Dry– The finish is everything for Fiona and she will approach a blow dry with the same level of precision that she does all aspects of her work, using her knowledge and experience to really get the best out of your hair. She will leave you with a finished result that is structured and long-lasting but bursting with va-va-voom. If your blow-dry does not look great for three days we will be very happy to offer you a complimentary Fusio-Dose or K-Water treatment and you next visit her, so assured are we that her work will last until the proverbial cows come home. Classic Fi at her best!
To view Fiona’s prices as a Salon Director, please click here.
As with all Directors, clients booking with Fiona receive a complimentary L’Oreal Fusio-Dose treatment (worth £15) plus double points on their next visit, should they book an appointment prior to leaving and within an 8-week time frame.