PREMIER COLOUR TECHNICIAN
Length of service: 18 years
Available: Tuesday to Saturday 9am to 6pm
David decided to pursue a career in hairdressing at the age of 25. Prior to this, he worked in a variety of industries including retail and travel, himself travelling widely before going to university where he gained a degree in Sociology and Politics. Once he’d graduated, he decided to pursue a more people based, creative career path, training privately and then deciding to become a colourist, attending courses at Toni & Guy, Sassoon and L’Oréal (where he was one of the first technicians to complete the L’Oréal Colour Specialist Degree).
David had an opportunity to become a partner in a Bristol salon, but in 2002 he decided to sell and move to London where he joined the salon. David is a seasoned professional, with a wealth of technical knowledge and a high level of colour expertise and is much in demand with a hugely busy clientele of celebrities and new clients.
He has risen to premier league status within the salon and now commands a 3 week waiting list from loyal clients. His devoted clientele appreciate his expert techniques coupled with his renowned customer service and attention to detail and he truly believes in giving his clients his undivided attention during their time with him.
A great conversationalist, David has a keen interest in theatre, film and art and combines his innate talent with his unique style of classic, signature colour to provide a completely personalised and individual couture colour look. His detailed consultations are his trademark – always in-depth and thorough, he will set clear boundaries and expertly manage client expectations.
Every member of the Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa Team is fully qualified and extensively trained in every aspect of technical services however David’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Natural Looking Blondes – Key to this look are David’s ultra-fine highlights and weaving – one of David’s strengths within the technical department. Whether your hair is fine, & sparse, coarse or abundant, and weather you’re looking for results that are creamy, ash, warm or cool blonde, David will always offer a consistent service in achieving the most natural of blonde looks.
- Superfine Lights – David’s trademark technique is for baby lights (fine or super fine highlights). His weaving is microscopic, his application always close to the root, his sections precise and clean – all combining to give his clients an unrivalled, natural result.
- ‘No Colour’ Colour Techniques – David specialises in exceptionally precise colour application and is our go-to technician for those wanting to whisper, rather than shout or scream their colour result. If your aim is for nobody to know you colour your hair, David is your man.
- Global Colour Application – This always requires a precision, ultra-clean application and a fastidious approach; something at which David excels.
- Tone-On-Tone Colour – David enjoys doing this semi-permanent technique for those clients who do not wish to lift their existing base with a traditional highlight application but rather request a result that gives their hair more shine and depth, enhancing their natural colour. David’s also brilliant at that difficult decision regarding coverage of first greys – have a complimentary consultation with him to find out more.
To view David’s prices as a Premier Colour Technician, please click here.