COLOUR TECHNICIAN & DEPUTY TRAINING MANAGER
Length of Service: 7 years
Born and bred in Liverpool, Bethany is proud to come from a line of creatives from that famous city. With a family background full of teachers, writers, designers and theatre founders, she has taken an unconventional route into the world of hairdressing.
After completing her degree in Philosophy and Classical Literature at the University of Leeds, she decided her true calling was in the world of creative hair. This was sparked by being the hair and makeup artist of choice for student events; it soon grew into a driving passion. After a serendipitous meeting with Richard and Hellen in Spain, Beth relocated to London to begin her apprenticeship aged 21.
Having worked in both styling and technical zones, Beth realised that colour and technical work was her true passion; she progressed through the ranks of the department, working closely with and being mentored throughout by Technical Director, Mario Charalambous. Now Deputy Training Manager, Bethany works closely with RW Academy Manager Shelley and plays an integral part in training the new generation of Richard Ward Apprentices.
Bethany has assisted both Mario and Shelley on their education courses at the L’Oréal Academies in London and Manchester and has developed a meticulous eye for detail, particularly in precision colour application and in-depth colour consultations. Trained rigorously in all aspects of technical service and hailed as a rising star of the Richard Ward Artistic Team. For Bethany, consultation is key and she believes in getting to know her clients wish list before beginning a colour service is paramount. Beth believes it vital to cater to each client’s expectations and always aims to use a mixture of classic and innovative techniques to create the desired outcome for each individual client.
Every member of the Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa Team is fully qualified and extensively trained in every aspect of technical services, however Beth’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Ravising Reds & Alluring Auburns – Beth has a natural dark base and has always enjoyed experimenting with her own colour but it’s the reds which keep her fire burning. From Titian temptress to rich, deep autumnal sienna earth tones, Beth loves to be the technician to find the right shade of red for you.
- Classic Highlighting – Delivering a perfect set of lights is an essential part of a technicians work but it’s developing a real understanding of the how multidimensional the word blonde truly is which remains key. One client’s gold is another clients yellow, and whether the weave is thick or fine it’s all about the technician helping the client through the process. Whatever tones you are looking for, whether warm, honey, glacial or sunny, let Beth be your guide.
- Balayage & Ombre – Always interesting for the colour technician to deliver, Beth really enjoys the fact the technique is always unique in its application and gives the client a bespoke and individualised technical result; whether using classic or contemporary and fashion led colours.
- Spectrum Colouring – There really are no boundaries when aiming to meet today’s clients technical expectations. As one of the younger members of the technical team, Beth has really embraced the plethora of colour technique applications that fall within this realm and her extensively knowledge helps her deliver any result from the colour spectrum.
- Memory Forme – The technical simplicity of the Memory Forme application and result is what really appeals to Beth. This results-led service to smooth the hair cuticle and alter hair’s texture in an instant. Whether it is the express or full application, Beth believes it really can make a dramatic change to a client’s blow drying and home care regime and can advise on the options available (including Vegan).
To view Bethany’s prices as a Colour Technician, please click here.
See Bethany’s lockdown root touch-up video below: